Thursday, February 12, 2009

Being inspired by...




a blank space.. Well, you probably wonder why I have posted these not overly pretty photos of a messy room up here: This is going to be my creative little corner of the house! It is part of our second bedroom, half a room basically. So far we have mainly used it for storage (as you have probaby noticed).

I'm very excited about turning it into my own little space, and I have already started! A few days ago we have cleaned everything out and went to IKEA where I have bought myself a rug.
I'm going purely by what feels nice for this space, not thinking of what I might like longterm or what would look particularly good together, I just let it happen. It's interesting, definitely very creative!

This is my new rug, I love the happy, simple pattern on it!


I have bought this fabric, also from IKEA . I'm going to tun it into a curtain to separate my corner from the rest of the room. It is another happy, simple, cute pattern.




Recently I have found these beautiful cups at the Camberwell market. I bought them to turn them into candles but I cannot make myself to give them away. They look soo pretty with their pastel colours! Obviously they will go into my creative corner ;-)

3 comments:

Rabbit and the Duck said...

What a lovely room! And those teacups are divine, I think they would end up in my kitchen for afternoon tea parties : )

lyptis said...

Hey, u got another comment!;)

Blogging quite a bit lately?! I cant be bothered(no time normally).

Hey what about this little room? it looks real nice, with the window and stuff.. and ur decoration choices!
Just a shame u guys are so bloody messy!;P

Twilight Spells said...

Booh! BOOOH! How MEAN of you, Missy! :-)