Friday, February 20, 2009

Being inspired by...

Roses and Frangipanis..

I love roses, they are my most favourite flowers ever. Recently I have also discovered frangipanis and have fallen in love with them. On my personal ranking scale they come straight after roses :-)

This huge print hangs on our bedroom wall, I love the look of it! It's one of the first things I see in the morning and it always makes me smile. I'm afraid the photo I took of the print is not that great, I hope you get the idea :-)


My wedding bouquet was made just of cream coloured roses, it looked great together with my dress! I made the bouquet by myself, it turned out really nicely. Just the safety pin I had to use to fix the florist tape gave it a slight cutting edge look :-) luckily it wasn't really visible..



I found some fantastic rose prints on Etsy, check these out:

This gorgeous print is from gardentreasuresphoto I love the bright pink colour of the rose

This is a greeting card from LandscapesWithin . I'm always amazed by the beautiful and intricate shapes of roses..

This beautiful, subtle print is from SusannahTucker, a fellow Melbourne Etsian



There is my other love, frangpanis. I recently bought myself a little frangipani (a Donald Angus frangipani) on ebay, hehe:-)

Well, it doesn't look too exciting at the moment.. Here it is, currently next to out front door. (And you can also get a glimps of our sad and dead lawn..)

But one day it will hopefully look like this (the frangipani, I mean. Don't know about lawn..)

photo by frangipaniworld.com.au

or this

photo by tropicamente.it

I found two wonderful prints on Etsy

This one is from Kirsty2715

And this one from creativedesignz

Hope you got all inspired too by some of these photos! Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

muchlove said...

These images are so pretty.
It was wonderful meeting you. Hope we can catch up again soon! I posted a pic of your teacup on my blog :)