Sunday, March 8, 2009

Etsy meetups, mock-up stalls and earthquakes

Yesterday I went to my first official Etsy Meetup which was great fun! I met some really nice poeple and got to see some great artwork. Now I just need to make a lot of money so I can buy heaps of stuff from the talented people out there :-)We are looking to have another meet up in about four weeks which will be good, I'm looking forward to it!

I have been listing a few new tea cup candles in my Etsy store lately, I especially like this one:



I have called it Bamboo Garden. I have only two of them, if you would like to check it out click here

I am planning to apply for a new market in Williamstown. It will be exciting to give markets a try. But first I need to send my application in. Because the committee wants to see a photo of the potential stall I decided to do a mock-up stall in my garden. This is how I'm planning to set it up (obviuosly with a different tablecloth)


Let's hope they approve my application! I quite like the look of the three steps, I think it suits my candles really well. Do you want to know how it looked like UNDER the table cloth? Take a sneak peak




Hehe, it was a mock-up stall after all.. Again, if I end up going to the market I will obviuosly get myself a proper display instead of random chunks of wood. But it was fun to set it all up, very creative, that's for sure!
And then we had a little earthquake on Friday night!! Unbelievable! I was sitting on my dining/work table when the whole house suddenly started to shake. Our house is very old and a bit wobbly anyway, when you shut the front door the toothbrush falls out of the bathroom cabinet, basically...

So I was thinking that I had maybe knocked the table a bit hard.. but the walls were shaking for about ten seconds and there was a rumbling sound. I was just sitting on my chair, staring at the moving walls in disbelief, wondering whether I should do something, like hide under the table or so. But before I could make any definite choices the whole thing stopped again.

Later I heard about it on the news. Apparently Melbournes strongest earthquake in 36 years.

Hell, I didn't even know that this country gets earthquakes!! I'm from Europe, a continent with very little tectonic activity.
Bushfires, drought, earthquakes.. what comes next??? Maybe I'll wake up to some volcano activity tomorrow.. or how about a hurricane? They are having one up in Queensland right now.. Or what about some serious flooding? I think that would be appropriate after that long drought. And the Eastcoast gets already flooded fairly often...

I wanna go back home!

2 comments:

muchlove said...

Don't go back home yet!! Don't let the earthquake scare you! Trust me, my Indonesian hometown had far worse earthquakes, AND it was near an active volcano... but I'm still alive, haha... :)

I like your display. I think the 3 steps is really good to show off all of your teacups.

I'm looking forward to the stitches and craft show! (that's what it's called, right?)

avdg said...

Ah - I see you were in Melbourne already! Did you do the Williamstown market? (I live in Williamstown but haven't been to the market in ages)