Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm back! Helloho!

I am finally back in Bloggingland again, after a month of slight madness! Although I have to admit that the whole move went really smoothly. We had a leisurely drive up to Newcastle where we stayed with Lukes family for a while, and our furniture arrived in Sydney almost undamaged. We put it in storage(first floor!) for a months or two and got it out again six days later as we found a house very quickly.

Now I've gotta say that we are pretty damn good in finding houses considering that the Australian rental market is VERY BAD if you are on the tenant side of things.


This is it, the new house. Where my finger is pointing at so cheekily. It is a half house.
Our new home ticks a lot of boxes. As you can see, it is a house, not a flat. We have two bedrooms, one of them will be my TwilightSpells Studio. Doesn't that sound fancy? :-)
This is going to be my "Studio". Nevermind the mess, the rest of the house is all tidy. I'm getting there.
The cups have all found a spot already
What else? Wooden floorboards! Yayy! No more yucky carpet! The bathroom is nice too, about 50 years younger than the last one.
And we have a nice little garden where I'm sitting right now, enoying the sunshine. The one big disadvantage about our house is that it is a bit cold and dark. Certainly good for the hot summer days, but if I don't want to wear three jumpers and uggboots at the moment I have to go outside now and then.
Which I'm not too sad about :-)
I better get back to my shop, I have just reopened TwilightSpells and I'm planning to add A LOT of new tea cups soon. Time to get working!

3 comments:

Rabbit and the Duck said...

Love the new place! And very excited you have your own 'studio' : )
Hope you settle in quickly!
Cheers, Shannon.

muchlove said...

your new place looks and sounds great! It sounds perfect actually. You're so lucky.
I'm so glad to hear that you're settling in really well. I'm so sorry that I haven't replied to your convo in so long, I promise I will soon!

xx

Twilight Spells said...

Thanks for your nice comments, girls! Anna, I will talk to you very soon, Thanks so much for forwarding the details about that market to me!