Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Anyone wanting a cookie? Sorry, they are almost gone!


Shannon, I hope you are reading this because it's all your fault! Ever since you mentioned the magic word "Peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies" in this post there has been this little voice in my head popping up now and then to shout out:

"Peanut butter!" "Chocolate!" "Cookies!" "Go!" "Make!"

I tried to be good. I tried to do all my shop work, house work, and eat salad. I tried to ignore the voice. Some people might call it schizophrenia, I call it The Inspiration. The Inspiration was taking over, nothing I could do.

I looked up recipes on the internet, and I came across a great recipe on Taste.com.au. And, Shannon, are you there? I just looked up your blog and noticed that you had posted a link to your cookie recipe. Guess what? It's exactly the same recipe that I found! Isn't that funny?

I am now leaving the land of German baking behind me. It's a good land full of cake recipes with fresh fruits and little fat. We don't know peanut butter. You can almost add a piece of cake to your five Everyday servings of fruits and vegetables.

Look where I am now, baking peanut butter cookies! And I like it. Hello, new land of heavy, gooey, yummy recipes. You are very good to me! I think we will become good friends.


This is my version of the recipe. I have altered it slightly, according to the instructions of other readers in the original recipe.

3/4 cup of smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 egg, lightly beaten

1/4 cup of self-raising flour
1/2 cup dark choc bits



Method
Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease two baking trays and line with non-stick baking paper. Combine peanut butter, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, flour and egg in a bowl. Stir in choc bits.


Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls and place on the prepared tray. Press lightly with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden. Leave to cool on the trays then place into an airtight container.

I really wouldn't use more then 3/4 cup of peanut butter, rather a bit less. And 1/2 cup of brown sugar is plenty for me. Try it out and see what you like. But, beware: These cookies are highly highly addictive!

I go and have another one. I think I deserve it:-)

5 comments:

Rabbit and the Duck said...

I did say in my post that I wouldn't be held responsible for what happened if you baked the cookies : ) My batch didn't even last 24 hours!!

Twilight Spells said...

Looks like mine isn't even going to last for 12 hours ;-)

muchlove said...

oh my, those really do look delicious! I may just try it myself.

Kellie Collis said...

Oh yum. I adore biscuits, yours are look lovely. Mine always come out so flat!

lyptis said...

OK, Fuck, u definitely ARE crazy!!

German cake:P Baeh, its like eating the inside of a vacuum cleaner bag and THEN eating the bag! Gross!

And im not sure about peanut butter cookies, but i wud 'maybe' give it a try!:)