Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm revealing...my new stuff!!

Hello everyone, I am very excited! I know I have been talking a lot about my new designs lately and I bet you have all been thinking "What is that girl up to"?!?

Well, after lots of trying and glueing and sewing and cutting and swearing I am finally ready to reveal the first pieces I am planning to offer in my new Etsy store soon. I am a bit nervous, what will you say.. will you like it?? Let me know you thoughts. Any ideas on what else I could do? Anything I should be doing differently? Love it? Out with it! I wanna know what you think. Here we go:

I am using eco-fi-felt for all these designs. That is a type of felt that is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. Clever, huh? Some of the lace is new, some is upcycled from a certain pair of pyjamas The little beads are also upcycled from an op-shop find necklace. For now I have been focusing on the rose chokers but I am also working on butterfly brooches...necklaces etc.
What do you think?

6 comments:

muchlove said...

they're gorgeous, Ruth! I've never heard of eco-fi-felt before, and I think it's such a terrific idea.

lyptis said...

Nice one!
Like the single ones better,
they turned out better then i thought!;)

Chrisy said...

Very nice...I don't wear many things close to my neck but if you make sure the ribbon is long enough these could be gorgeous hairbands as well...

Kellie Collis said...

Lovely roses... Very pretty!

Twilight Spells said...

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! I do prefer the single roses too, I think they are more impressive. I like the idea of making hairbands, I have been thinking about that..something to work on, that's for sure!

prashant said...

if you make sure the ribbon is long enough these could be gorgeous hairbands as well...
Web hosting india