Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shop op til you drop!

I hit the local Op-shops in Sydney last Saturday. I am very happy to report that I discovered Newtown as my new Op-shopping mecca. I was out hunting for lace to use in my new felt and lace jewellery(ideas) and boy, I was lucky. Check out my finds

I found this beautiful pink and blue lace


which are actually two sets of pyjamas!

I'm not sure who would want to wear lacy pyjamas, they must scratch terribly! But the lace is gorgeoues. I also found this little piece of lace which is soo pretty! The photos don't really do it justice, it shimmers really nicely in the sun!

This is my backyard in the afternoon sun, with blue and pink lace on the washing line. I know, the grass needs mowing. Any volunteers? ;-)

I also found this cosy jumper, it will keep me toasty on these cold winter evenings.

A very succesful Op-shopping trip. What were your best op shop/thrifty/any other finds lately?

3 comments:

muchlove said...

oooh, pretty lace! I think the last time I went opshopping was 2 weeks ago, and I actually bought some lace too - but it was just a short lace ribbon. I don't even know what I'll do with it, it just looks kind of nice, hehe :)
What are you planning to do with those pyjamas (not sleep in them, I'm sure)?

Leaves of the family tree said...

Just wanted to share my opshop find today http://sewhum.blogspot.com/2009/07/im-so-cleaver.html

Love yours by the way!

Chrisy said...

Yes you never know what you'll find do you...that's what makes it so very exciting...and sometimes some great bargains like the ones you got!