Friday, January 30, 2009

It's so-o-o hot!

I'm melting away! The last two days have seen Melbourne insanely hot with temperatures up to 45 degrees! Today is supposed to be relatively cool, only about 38...
I spent the last two days trying to survive the heat with a wobbly fan (Yeah, right!) Yesterday I was hiding in Chadstone shopping centre, only to find out that the aircon wasn't working properly in their biggest stores.
When I was walking through a strangely dark Myer store (I assume they turned the lights off to keep it cooler) I made an interesting discovery: There was this box with Belgian Chocolates but it looked somehow odd (couldn't really make it out in the darkness).
When I went closer I realised that the chocolates had turned into one big brown chocolate lake! I sooo wish had had my camera with me to capture that. But I still can't upload photos until tomorrow ;-(
To add a bit more of a challenge to one of the hottest days on record, public transport completely failed to work yesterday! I spent three hours on the road, just to get from Glen Iris to Chadstone and back.
I sent an email to some friends and family in Germany, telling them to enjoy their winter, and that summer is not always what it's cracked up to be. This morning I had a reply from my mother that went like this: "Why don't you enjoy the heat while you can? Surely your house is nice and warm now and your clothes will dry in no time!"

I leave it at that for today and go to bang my head on the table...
...

No comments: