Saturday, January 17, 2009

New cups!! New cups!!

I have been busily Op-and market shopping over the last two days and I found some little treasures that I would like to share. Firstly, I picked up these two gorgeous little japanese cups yesterday.


And today I went to the Camberwell market which proves to be better every time I go there, it's great! Check it out if you are in the area, it's a great market for all sorts of Vintage finds. If you are good at batering you can get some real bargains. If you are not good at it, like me, you still get good stuff.

First I found this pretty little cup which is made by Villeroy&Boch. I feel specially attached to it already, just because of where it's made.
Villeroy& Boch is a German company that does beautiful, exclusive China and other household things that are being sold worldwide.
My grandparents lived very close to where they manufacture and also knew the owners personally. Needless to say that every single piece of china in their house was made by Villeroy&Boch. And even though the design has changed quite a bit over the years (I used to eat from plates featuring detailed farming scenery in bright red and
blue) I still feel a little rush of joy and sentimentality when I spy the well-known print on the bottom of a tea cup. This is my little piece of V&B for today



Also found this classy looking English cup. Like it! So nice and stylish and Vintage :-)

Found two of these flowery English tea cups.. They will make great candles.
And look what I also picked up: Saucers that match the two japanese cups I found yesterday. How lucky! They look so nice together.


That were my most exciting finds for now, I might finish here and sit outside to enjoy the sun for a bit. I've been so busy doing bits and pieces on my little cup buiness since I have gotten back from holiday that have hardly done anything else. Well apart from the usual, working, household and so on. I might have some Vanilla icecream now, mhmmm, sounds like a good idea :-)

No comments: