Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My first attempts to make paper

I had a little go at making paper today for the first time. It was all very earthy and back-to-basics and all that stuff. That's at least how it felt like when I was digging my hands into a bucket full of grey paper mesh to shuffle it onto a frame that I made by myself from old tights and a wire hanger.

Here you can see my "work station" (aka bench in front of our house) with the two very homemade frames at the front. I used the green bucket to mix the paper and water before I transported it to the big tupperware container. From there I somehow shoved it onto the frames.
Don't you love tupperware!? I'm so amazed that they do tupperware parties in Australia too, I have always thought that was such a german thing! Not that I have ever been to one...

anyway, back to paper:





I took the next picture just now, the paper has dried and actually doesn't look too bad. It's not quite as dark grey anymore. When I took the first picture the whole thing looked just like felt!

It's still very thick but I don't think it is too bad for my first attempt.. more to come soon!


No comments: